SolGen to concede to DOJ on Trillanes case

SolGen to concede to DOJ on Trillanes case

SolGen to concede to DOJ on Trillanes case

SolGen to concede to DOJ on Trillanes case

The Office of the Solicitor General will defer to the Department of Justice on the government’s next move in the

SolGen to concede to DOJ on Trillanes case

case involving Senator Antonio Trillanes IV, the Palace said Wednesday.

Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo made this clarification after he said Tuesday that Solicitor General Jose Calidad

SolGen to concede to DOJ on Trillanes case

will elevate to the Court of Appeals a Makati court’s junking of the government’s bid to jail Trillanes for coup d’etat.

SolGen to concede to DOJ on Trillanes case

“Since it was the Department of Justice which filed the case, the Office of the Solicitor General will let it file a motion for reconsideration

before the RTC (regional trial court),” Panelo said in a phone interview.

SolGen to concede to DOJ on Trillanes case

After Panelo said Calida will go straight to the Court of Appeals, Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra said Tuesday his department will still file

a motion for reconsideration before the Makati Regional Trial Court Branch 148 not later than Friday, Oct. 26.

SolGen to concede to DOJ on Trillanes case

The Makati RTC Branch 148, led by Presiding Justice Andres Soriano, junked the government’s bid to have Trillanes arrested for

coup d’etat over his participation in the 2003 Oakwood mutiny.

SolGen to concede to DOJ on Trillanes case

Coup d’etat case

The government sought Trillanes’ arrest after President Rodrigo Duterte issued a proclamation voiding the amnesty given to the rebel

SolGen to concede to DOJ on Trillanes case

soldier-turned-senator in 2011 by then president Benigno Aquino III.

But Soriano ruled that Trillanes filed for amnesty and that his coup d’etat case has already been dismissed.

SolGen to concede to DOJ on Trillanes case

It was Calida’s inquiry into the regularity of Trillanes’ amnesty application which triggered Duterte’s proclamation. The government insists

SolGen to concede to DOJ on Trillanes case

that the actual copy of Trillanes’ amnesty application is the best proof that he indeed underwent the process. Trillanes has so far failed to produce this document.

Trillanes is driving a Senate investigation into the supposed inconsistencies encompassing the packing of government contracts of Calida’s security firm.

SolGen to concede to DOJ on Trillanes case

Panelo has portrayed Trillanes’ camp’s celebrating over the court choice as “pyrrhic triumph,” noticing that the

President’s Proclamation 572, which looks to void Trillanes’ pardon, was maintained by Makati Judge Andres Soriano.

SolGen to concede to DOJ on Trillanes case

Equity and manage of law

It must be noted, be that as it may, that the court simply maintained Duterte’s official capacity to issue such an announcement, and that it struck down the true premise introduced in the decree voiding Trillanes’ acquittal.

Trillanes has respected the court’s choice denying the administration’s capture request against him, saying Judge Soriano “without any assistance maintained equity and manage of law in our nation in spite of the extraordinary weight originating from the Duterte administration.”

SolGen to concede to DOJ on Trillanes case

Trillanes captured almost multi-month prior for insubordination, on requests of the Makati RTC Branch 150 over the 2007 Manila Peninsula attack. He posted abandon that day.

The DOJ prior asked the 2 Makati courts to arrange Trillanes’ capture and ban his takeoff from the nation, contending that the invalidation of his acquittal implied that all bodies of evidence against the representative must sought after.

SolGen to concede to DOJ on Trillanes case

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.