DOT chief : Tourist arrivals up by 8.4 pct in August
Tourist arrivals in the country increased by 8.4 percent in August despite the closure of Boracay, the Department of Tourism said Saturday.
Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat said the agency is targeting 7.4 million tourist arrivals this year from 6.6 million last year.
Romulo-Puyat said most tourists came from Korea, followed by China, the United States, Japan, and Australia.
“The No. 1 in the EU is actually the UK. It increased from January to July by 9.3 percent and they stay here two weeks at gumagastos,” she told radio DZMM.
“I don’t have the statistics pero the UK, Japanese and Koreans definitely spend a lot. Lalo na ‘yung UK kasi malayo pinanggalingan.”
Cebu is the primary tourist spot, according to Romulo-Puyat.
“The beach, the food . . . People actually come for the food. We are actually encouraging people to go straight na kasi ang ganda ganda ng Mactan-Cebu Airport,” she said.
Boracay rundown discharged
The tourism boss, in the mean time, repeated that smoking, drinking, and huge gatherings
will restricted in Boracay once it revives on October 26.
Smoking, drinking to be restricted in Boracay white shoreline
The Department of Tourism has additionally discharged another rundown of Boracay foundations where vacationers may remain once the island revives.
Speck discharges new rundown of Boracay inns open for booking by October
Furthermore, Romulo-Puyat said the island’s reviving on October 26 is only the primary period of the island’s restoration. She said the second stage will finished on April 2019, while the third stage is relied upon to finished by December 2019.
Meanwhile, the island shut in April to offer path to a gigantic cleanup and the recovery of its streets and sewerage framework after President Rodrigo Duterte considered the vacationer goal a
Hence, one of the nation’s most well known shoreline goals, Boracay has tormented with sewage issues and congestion, with inns and shops damaging zoning and condition directions.