There will be no repeat of President Rodrigo Duterte’s meeting with protesters after his State of the Nation Address (SONA) this year, his aide said Saturday.
“It will not happen the last year he faced,” Special Assistant to the President Bong Go told reporters.
“Do you want to come face-to-face? We want to plan for you, do you want to face it if your face burns?” he added.
(He will no longer face protesters this year. You, would you want to face them if you know they will just burn [an effigy of] your face?)
Duterte unexpectedly met with protesters last year just after he delivered his second SONA, a move that police called a “security nightmare.”
Philippine National Police (PNP) boss Director General Oscar Albayalde said Saturday that they have arranged safety efforts if Duterte alters his opinion and chooses to meet with nonconformists again after his SONA.
Albayalde to organize duterte’s Safety
“We have not meet the President from that point forward, in the event that we choose, we’re set up for that. We’re set up for any possibility here,” Albayalde told journalists on Saturday.
(We have not talk about this with the President yet but rather on the off chance that he choose to meet with nonconformists more, we set up for that.)
During the current year, around 6,000 cops convey to anchor the Batasang Pambansa complex for the President’s SONA.
“All that could possibly need to keep up the peace and security in the zone,” Albayalde state, taking note of that police powers will be sent ahead of schedule Sunday night.
Duterte to set convey
“I think everything arrange as of now,” he include.
The PNP boss likewise encouraged aggressor gatherings to organize challenges gently, underlining that police will practice most extreme resistance.
“I trust this year will be fine once more, as in earlier years,” he said.
(I trust the current year’s challenges will be orderlyl like in the earlier years.)
Duterte set to convey his third SONA on Monday evening at the Batasang Pambansa.