Roque: Palace probing alleged human rights violations even before UNHRC call

Roque: Palace probing alleged human rights violations even before UNHRC callRoque: Palace probing alleged human rights violations even before UNHRC call

The Philippine government has been probing alleged human rights violations in the country

even before 38 member states of the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) urge

Malacañang to “cooperate” in human rights assessments, a Palace official said Saturday.

The UNHRC member-states on Tuesday signed a joint statement that called on the Philippines

“to cooperate with the United Nations system—including the Human Rights Council and its

special procedure mandate holders—without preconditions or limitations.”

“Nasabi ko na sa inyo na may imbentaryo kami nung mga napatay ‘di umano sa giyera laban sa

droga para malaman namin kung talagang nasunod ba ang tamang proseso o hindi,” Presidential

Spokesperson Harry Roque said.

(I’ve let you know before that we keep a stock of the general population who were purportedly execute

amid the war on drugs so we can check whether due process was watched.)

“Ibig sabihin hindi namin kinakailangan ang panawagan ng mga dayuhan, ginagawa na po namin

‘yan maski walang ganyang panawagan,” he said.

(It implies that we don’t should be encouraged by outsiders since we have been doing that [human

rights assessment] notwithstanding when there were no calls for it.)

Against medicate tasks

As of March 2018, 91,704 against medicate tasks have been complete in the nation since President

Rodrigo Duterte rose to control in July 2016, information from the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency appeared.

Out of the aggregate 2,467 medication relate crime episodes recorde, just 715 cases had been  fathome while 1,752 are still under scrutiny, information appeare.

Government has a few times declared that it has nothing to do with vigilante killings of medication suspects, saying those killed in police tasks had opposed capture.

Duterte caution

A year ago, Duterte cautioned UN Special Rapporteur Agnes Callamard that he would “slap her” in the event that she explores him for the affirmed extrajudicial killings under his organization’s war on drugs.

In March, Roque said Callamard may go to the Philippines just as a traveler, and not as an UN examiner.

Magdalo Partylist Rep. Gary Alejano respected the UNHRC’s announcement, which puts “extra weight on the Philippine government to address its approach on illicit medications.”

“Collaboration with the examination on the killings is basic to keep the honesty of the organization and trust of the general population on our administration bodies,” Alejano said in an announcement.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.