For the 10th straight year, Filipino-Chinese mall tycoon Heny Sy and family is the Philippines’ richest and among the top ten richest in all of Asia.
Here’s the list of the top ten richest people in Asia, according to Forbes.
1. Ambani (India, $44.8 billion)
2. Lee (South Korea, $40.8 billion)
3. Kwok (Hong Kong, $40.4 billion)
4. Chearavanont (Thailand, $36.6 billion)
5. Hartono (Indonesia, $32 billion)
6. Lee from (Hong Kong, $29 billion)
7. Kwek/Quek (Singapore, Malaysia, $23.3 billion)
8. Cheng (Hong Kong, $22.5 billion)
9. Sy (Philippines $20.1 billion)
10. Chirathivat (Thailand, $19.3 billion)
Ambani Family from India topped the Forbes’ list of richest families for the first time surpassing Lee family of South Korea, who owns Samsung electronics. Ambani’s fortune come from Reliance Industries Limited which deals mainly in refining, petrochemicals, and in oil and gas sectors.
While Sy’s riches involved in the industries of real estate, hospitality, banking, mining, education, and healthcare. Henry Sy is chairman emeritus of SM Investments, one of the Philippines’ largest conglomerates.